Quantcast

Rapunzel's Revenge

Rapunzel's Revenge
Shannon and Dean Hale, illustrated by Nathan Hale, 2008, 144 pages.

Let me start off by saying I just can't get enough of Shannon Hale. This is her seventh book (not counting her addition to the compilation First Kiss then tell) and I've devoured every one. So, I had really really high expectations for this book.

Wow! Expectations met and exceeded! I haven't read many graphic novels (which are comic book style publications), only about four if you are counting the Babymouse series as one. But this one is the best graphic novel I have read.

Why do I love it? Great plot -- Rapunzel has escaped from the tower unaided and decided to put an end to the witch's evil doings. Great characters -- Rapunzel has spunk and heart, Jack has guts and gentility, and they both have hilarious wit. The villains and monsters of the story are memorable and formidable. Great illustrations -- one of my favorites is of young Rapunzel when she thinks she has won an argument with the witch. The illustrations are also full color and a true treat for the eyes.

Things I didn't like: Hmmm, thinking. . . nope. I got nuthin'.

Read it! Love it! Great for people 8+ of both genders.

Laura attended the release party; reports here.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't read this one yet but I saw a tid bit of a Q&A her and her husband did in Tooele Utah. They seem so adorable together and were really (obviously so) excited about their book. I'm excited to go get it and see for myself! Glad to hear you enjoyed it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...