Quantcast

Wink: The Ninja Who Wanted To Be Noticed

Wink: The Ninja Who Wanted To Be Noticed by J. C. Phillipps

"It was the happiest day of Wink's life when he was accepted to the Sumer Moon School for Young Ninjas."

What a brilliant beginning to a brilliant book. It is hilarious and colorful and cute. It moves you: you totally feel for little Wink and can see where he's coming from. The method of his ultimate success is very gratifying.

I absolutely love the cut-paper illustrations. When I was required to write and illustrate a picture book for my Elementary Music Education class, cut paper is what I chose. It just looks so cool. And so of course the whole time I'm thinking "what fantastic papers!" and "where did she get them?" But only the second time through, because the first time I was too caught up in the story.

Recommended for all ages.

2 comments:

  1. hard to be noticed when you're so stealthy, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...